Exploration and Production (E&P) company, with it’s headquarters in Ghana. Our client is currently carrying out an evaluation of existing discoveries and exploration operations offshore Ghana. The company is seeking to fill the following position: Senior Drilling Engineer
Role and Responsibility
• Prepare/Present well design concepts based on information provided by the subsurface team
• Preparation of cost estimates to generate well/project specific AFE’s
• Forecast and accountable for the timely ordering of well/project specific long lead requirements
• Integrate with fellow drilling, completion/testing, subsea and/or subsurface team members as required
• Support the preparation of HSE documents if/where required
Well/Project Specific Duties
• Provide engineering support as part of the drilling team which includes optimizing well planning, design, engineering, costing and assisting with operation execution, as well as the service associated with these activities.
• Establish subsurface well/project life cycle functional and operational requirements, including material & equipment selection.
• Capable of preparing detailed scopes of work for tender documents, performing vendor capability assessments, evaluating tenders methodically and capable of presenting a succinct recommendation
• Ensure compliance of Vendor supplied materials, equipment and services which includes review of design, pre-assembly verification, pre-installation testing and equipment documentation
• Support the operations team in well execution and subsequent well/project closeout.
• Review all applicable operating, installing & testing procedures, including interface documents.
• Support the operations team in well execution and subsequent well/project closeout
• Assist with preparation of Management of Change (MOC) documents and conducting a risk assessment for those changes with relevant parties.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree qualification in Engineering
• 15+ years of oilfield drilling engineering experience which includes:
1) Minimum of 12 years as a drilling engineer, involved with well planning, design, engineering, costing and assisting with operation execution with an internationally recognised major E&P company
2) Minimum of 5 years involvement in Deepwater (i.e floater/drillship) drilling activities with subsea type wells.
• Experience shall include ground level involvement with exploration, appraisal and development type projects.
• Knowledge of approriate and relevant engineering tools (e.g. Landmark Suite (or similar) – Stresscheck, Compass etc) and software packages.
• Current well control certification (IWCF) – Subsea Supervisor (Or Equivalent)
• Current BOSIRT/HUET Certification
• Good written and oral command of the English langauge
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should send their CV’s to:
Closing Date: 19 May, 2017